The Active Citizens programme brings people together to learn from and share with each other. This amazing free training aims to motivate you to turn your ideas into social action projects to benefit the community. They are expecting a good mix of people of all ages, backgrounds and experience to be involved. No previous experience is required.
The programme is open to 18 years and over, with no no upper age limit.
Active Citizens training will:
• Develop understanding of identity, culture, community and methods of effective dialogue
• Connect you to a global network of like-minded people
• Plan social action projects together
Active Citizens is ideal for:
• Volunteers and staff in community groups and orgs
• Civic representatives, students, youth council members, community development workers etc.
• Creatives interested in arts, culture and social change all aged 18 and above.
These events will take place over two weekends:
September: Fri 13th,(6–8pm), Sat 14th & Sun 15th (9:30–4:30pm)
October: Fri 18th (6-8pm), Sat 19th & Sun 20th (9:30–4:30pm)
at Global Grooves, The Vale, Micklehurst, Mossley OL5 9JL
Global Grooves is a Carnival arts organisation that creates the environment for positive change in communities. They invest in people and their passion to create a fairer society.
DEADLINE FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST: Friday 6th September, 2019
Please contact Jane@globalgrooves.org or phone 0161 870 6895 to register your interest
For more information visit the webpage here.