Social and Sustainable Housing (SASH) was launched in May 2019.
SASH has two aims:
To improve the lives of vulnerable individuals by increasing their access to safe, stable and appropriate housing.
To make small to medium sized charitable organisations financially stronger, by allowing them to buy housing in a low risk way.
You can find more information about the fund here.
To be eligible for a loan, your organisation must be able to show the following:
- Registration as a charity or social purpose organisation
- Based and operating in the United Kingdom
- Delivering housing and support services to vulnerable individuals. These can include (but are not limited to) those fleeing domestic violence, children leaving care, ex-offenders, asylum seekers, people with complex mental health issues and people with addiction issues
- A track record of property and tenancy management
- Recognition of the value of home ownership to your organisation
- An unmet demand for housing for the vulnerable individuals you support
- Local property market knowledge
- Generating measurable social impact
- Annual income between £500,000 and £30 million
- Strong management and governance
If you fit this critera, apply here.