Caring, Working, Living is a Greater Manchester wide project that supports employers to develop their recruitment and employment practices to make job opportunities more accessible to Returners. The project is run by the Greater Manchester Centre for Voluntary Organisation (GMCVO) and the GM Chamber of Commerce.
Returners are people who have taken at least a year out of work to undertake caring responsibilities for children, or elderly or sick relatives. Returners are looking to return to the workplace at a level commensurate with their skills and experience. Research has shown that the majority of people in this position are women.
If this is you, you can self-refer or be referred for support from voluntary and public sector employment support organisations from across Greater Manchester.
The programme runs from June 2019 to May 2020, recruiting employers from July and Returners from September 2019.
For Returners, this project will help with:
• Practical support with CVs and interview tips
• Financial support: helping with some of the costs associated with job searching, such as arranging alternative care whilst attending an interview or training event
• Linking you to employers across Greater Manchester that have family-friendly recruitment and employment practices such as flexible working
• Workplace visits to employers
• Support from employers once in work
You can get help by:
• Referring yourself or being referred from organisations in the community that also provide support with employment
• Completing the referral form on the website or calling GMCVO on 0161 277 1000 and asking to speak to someone about the Caring, Working, Living project
• Visit the Caring, Working, Living Facebook page to connect with other Returners to hear their stories and top tips
Click here to visit their website.